As a growing online businessman it is important for you to concentrate on maximizing your domain’s potential. That’s because you would taste the nectar of success in your business only if your domain performs well online. Creating a mere domain would not suffice. You should take all the necessary steps to ensure that your domain reaches the online searchers with effectiveness. Therefore you should think in terms of promoting your domain via popular search engines.
You would wonder what could happen if you fail to promote your domain in a powerful manner. Your website would certainly receive less number of visitors on a daily basis. Domain popularity is one of the most crucial aspects of online traffic. In other words the traffic to your website would increase only if the domain of your website gets its due popularity.
Another vital step to ensure the maximization of your domain’s potential is that you should strive hard to have your own domain. Never opt for a free domain if you really want more traffic to your website. On the contrary your own domain purchased through a domain registrar like Namecheap.com or GoDaddy.com would enable your website to get thronged by tens of thousands of visitors on a regular basis. Try to use top level domains so to reach customers with ease. You would do well to avoid the use of prepositions like ‘in’, ‘with’, ‘for’, etc while naming your domain. Google would like your domain name to be simple and plain.
You can also try your hand at country code top level domains in case you need them to attain success in your business. One of the chief advantages of choosing domain names with specific country codes is that they enable your websites to perform better. Since domain selection is a very crucial step in your business make sure to spend some time before choosing the right domain name. That’s because the right domain name would go a long way in taking your business to the next level. You can rest assured that you will reap enormous benefits by enhancing the potential of your domain by leaps and bounds.
Free Hosting packages are very handy if you’re just looking to test your web development practices but if you’re looking to run a professional business and earn money from doing so then you need to steer well clear of free hosting and here are some reasons why.
- They aren’t reliable enough – These free web hosting providers are only in it to make money from advertisements and if they decide it isn’t the right business for them they will go away just like that – which means all your files and hard work will go with them.
- Your website may end up being offline more than it’s online – A lot of the free web hosting providers will provide you with a free account that they might not even have the resources to do so which will mean your website will be the victim of a lot of unplanned downtime.
- You will not get the best support if any at all – Free Hosting providers won’t be able to afford any staff as they are providing a free service which will mean your support queries won’t be seen until a week later if at all.
- Lack of features – When buying a hosting package you will often be bombarded with a lot of free features, scripts and advertising vouchers but a lot of free hosting accounts will barely be able to provide you with reliable hosting service let alone any handy features.
- Annoying advertisements that put off your visitors – The last thing you’ll want to do is put your visitors off who keep your website running, this is all down to all the advertisements you may need to place on your website as a must to continue using the free hosting service.
These are just some of the problems you can encounter when using free web hosting and if you don’t have a few pounds to spend on a small shared hosting package then we would recommend not setting up a website at all as it can be more hassle than it’s worth. There are of course some great free reliable hosting packages with no forced advertisements available that are a credit to web developers but they are few and far between. If you must use free hosting here’s a list of free web hosts with no forced ads to consider. It’s highly recommended to move from free web hosting to a reliable paid hosting company as soon as you can. I found a great company Blue Host on the hosting review site Castironhostingreview.com. You can read some BlueHost reviews and other reviews of web hosts over there. Bottom line, do yourself a favor forego the headaches involved with using a free host. It’s worth the few dollars a month to have real technical/customer support and assurance that your website will be up online.